Services to Landlords
Lodge Lettings offer a range of services for Landlords looking to rent their property. We are based in Red Lodge but our portfolio extends throughout Suffolk and into Cambridgeshire. Our location means we are close to RAF bases, major towns and within easy reach of major motorways ensuring we can react quickly to tenant enquiries and viewings.
Our fees are fair and competitive as we are an independent Agency which gives you the advantage of not having to subsidise the running and marketing of other branches or a franchise. We pride ourselves in knowing each of our Landlords and Tenants and tailoring our service to each person”s requirements and experience.
We can guide you in the following areas of property letting and management:-
Investment property – we have a close relationship with several major house builders and are well acquainted with house styles and their rental yields. We are happy to accompany you when viewing potential investments and advise you on the best investment for maximum return on your capital. We are further able to assist with advising you on refurbishment and/or fixtures and fittings required when you rent a property.
Tenant Find Service – If you are a more experienced Landlord we are able to offer a straightforward tenant find service for your property. This is based on a one off fee and still includes the following items:-
- Rental Valuation and marketing of your property on our website, Rightmove and other key websites including the internal US Military Housing system known as AHRN. Advising on compliance with current legislation and taxation
- Tenant Referencing or if your tenant is US Military liaison with the Base Housing Office to ensure your property complies with their requirements
- Preparation of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy and Ground 1 & Ground 2 notices. Again if the your tenant is US Military we ensure the Tenancy Agreement complies with their requirements
- Processing the first month”s rent and security deposit and lodging the deposit with the Deposit Protection Scheme on your behalf should you not be registered with a scheme already
Managed Service – we offer two levels of management depending on your requirements and take a flexible approach to which elements you may or may not want included.
Ensuring you are compliant with current legislation and if required arranging the following services on your behalf:-
- Gas Safety Certificate – using our Gas Safe Engineer
- Electrical Safety check – using our Part P qualified Electrician
- Energy Performance Certificate – using our Energy Assessor
- Preparation of a full inventory accompanied by colour photographs
- Rent collection and payment
- Regular Inspections
- Addressing maintenance issues utilising our team of fully qualified and experienced tradesmen
- Overseas Landlord tax registration
- Registering with Utility companies and Local Authority
Our managed services are charged at a percentage of the monthly rental and unlike other Agents there is no additional charge for Inventory preparation, tenancy renewals and update of inventory and tenancy agreements at change of tenants.
Our Partners have previously worked in both the Residential Lettings & Social Housing Sectors and are perfectly placed to advise you on all aspects of letting your property.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have and arrange for a Landlord Information Pack to be sent to you if required. Ideally we advise that an appointment is made for us to visit you and discuss your requirements in detail which would include a free rental valuation of the property.